Mode of examination is online for both stages.
Negative Marking : For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
NOTE: MARKS OBTAINED IN THE MAIN EXAMINATION ONLY WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLISTING FOR INTERVIEW AND ALSO FOR FINAL MERIT LISTING
The structure of the Examinations which will be conducted online are as follows:
A. Preliminary Examination
Cut off:Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS.
|Sr. No||Name of Tests||No. of Qs||Maximum Marks|
Cut-off Score :Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test of Online Main examination and also a minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for interview.
|Sr. No||Name of Tests (NOT BY SEQUENCE)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1||Reasoning||50||50||English & Hindi||40 minutes|
|2||English Language||40||40||English||30 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||English & Hindi||40 minutes|
|4||General Awareness (with special reference to Banking)||40||40||English & Hindi||20 minutes|
|5||Computer Knowledge||20||20||English & Hindi||10 minutes|
The total marks allotted for Interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks in interview will not be less than 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates). The weightage (ratio) of CWE (Main exam) and interview will be 80:20 respectively
Candidates who have been shortlisted in the main examination for CWE PO/MT-VI will subsequently be called for an Interview to be conducted by the Participating Organisations and coordinated by the Nodal Bank in each State/ UT with the help of IBPS.
IBPS FOCUS AREAS
There are so many topics to be covered for IBPS and so many books available in the market.But a candidate has to shortlist the focus areas and work on them from good books.
After analysing previous papers and pattern we have shortlisted important topics and books .So that its easy for the candidate to Hit the Bull’s eye in limited time by doing smart work.
KEY AREAS FOR ALL SECTIONS :
Logical Reasoning ,Syllogism ,Blood Relations ,Input Output,Coding Decoding,Alphanumeric Series,Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test,Data Sufficiency,Coded Inequalities,Seating Arrangement,Puzzle,Tabulation.
|1||Analytical Reasoning : by M.K.Pandey|
|2||RS Aggarwal’s Modern Approach to verbal and non-verbal reasoning|
2. English Language:
Reading Comprehension , Cloze Test,Fill in the blanks, Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting ,Paragraph Complete/ Sentence Correction, Para jumbles, Vocabulary.
|1||Objective general English by SP Bakshi (Arihant Publication)|
3. Quantitative Aptitude :
BODMAS/Simplification ,Ratio & Proportion , Percentage,Number Systems,Profit & Loss,Mixtures & Alligations,Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices,Work & Time,Time & Distance,Mensuration ( Cylinder, Cone, Sphere),Sequence & Series,Permutation &Combination , Probability,Data Interpretation.
Recommended Books for IBPS PO Preparation :
|1||Quantitative Aptitude by R.S.Aggarwal|
|2||Bank PO Quantitative Aptitude: Chapterwise Solved Papers 1999 to till date (4800+Objective Questions) : by Kiran Prakashan|
4.Computer Knowledge :
Number System,Logic Gates,Software(Windows & MS Office ,Operating Systems ),Hardware(types of computers, hardware used in networking & internet),Database (introduction),Communication ( Introduction)Networking (LAN, WAN, MAN) ,Internet (Concept, History, working environment, Application),Security Tools, Virus, Hacker ,History of Computers.
Recommended Books for IBPS PO Preparation:
|1||Objective Computer Knowledge & Literacy 2610 + Objective Question: by|
4. General Awareness :
General awareness is mainly from the topics related to banking which are in news these days.
Mainly divided into two areas:
a.Current affairs: Sports, awards, summits, new appointments, Indian Defense , Space etc.
- History of Indian Banking Industry – (Pre Independence, Post Independence, Nationalisation), Structure of Indian Banking, Types of Banks (Scheduled, Co-operatives), categorisation of Bank (Pvt, PSU, Foreign), NHB, SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, IDBI its role etc and concept of NBFC.
- Indian Financial System – Overview of Financial Markets (Money Market, Capital Market, Forex Market, Credit Market), Financial Intermediaries involved (like investment bankers, underwriters, stock exchanges, registrars, depositories, custodians, portfolio managers, mutual funds, primary dealers, Authorised dealers, self regulatory organizations, etc. Also read important committees and its recommendations.
- Regulatory Bodies like – RBI, (RBI History/ Functions/ Roles/) SEBI, IRDA, PFRDA, FSDC, FMC etc its role functions and fact based details
- Monetary & Credit Policies who decides, basis of change and its relation with Inflation and other related issues & Inflation (Types) CRR/ SLR/ Repo/ Re-Repo/Bank Rate etc.
- Budget Basics and Current Union Budget – Discussion of Budget related terminologies like GDP, Fiscal Deficit, Various kinds of taxes, Government revenue model and spending etc. and discussion on Union Budget 2014. Also major pointers for Rail Budget and Economic Survey to be read.
- International Organisations/ Financial Institutions – IMF, World Bank, ADB, UN related agencies, recent development in them members heads etc functions, recent loans given by them to India or any country in the world where Crisis is going on.
- Capital Market & Money Market – Concept, Types of Instruments they deal in like (1. Call/Notice Money 2. Treasury Bills 3. Term Money, 4. Certificate of Deposit 5. Commercial Papers or Capital Market Instruments like equity Shares, preference shares, or Debt segment like Debentures etc also talk about Stock Exchanges in India and world.
- Government Schemes – All important schemes for ex. Bharat Nirman, Swavlamban, Swabhiman , All schemes discussed in budget – the details like when was it introduced, important facts related to same, budgetary allocation etc.
- Abbreviations and Economic terminologies
- Miscellaneous – BASEL, Micro Finance, Base Rate, Negotiable Instruments, Credit Rating Agencies, Financial Inclusions, Teaser Rates, GAAR, Priority Sector Lending , NPA,Mobile APPS Launched By Various banks.
|1||Banking Awareness by Arihant|
Read newspaper:The Hindu
Recommended Books for Practice:
|1||Comprehensive Guide to IBPS-CWE Bank PO/ MT Prelim + Main Exam : by Disha Experts|
|2||IBPS BANK PO/MT/SO CWE-V COMMON WRITTEN EXAMINATION (PRELIMINARY & MAIN) SELF STUDY GUIDE PRACTICE SETS CUM SOLVED PAPERS TILL 2016-ENGLISH:by Kiran expperts|