NOTE- Dear readers please focus on the Bold,Italic and quoted text, those are the key part of the news and are very likely to be asked in bank and SSC exams.
1. Union cabinet approves setting up of major port at “ENAYAM” in Tamil Nadu.
2. “Rajasthan” becomes first state to introduce “minimum wages for part-time workers” – As per the official notification, it is mandatory to pay 50% of the prescribed a day minimum wage to a person who works for less than four hours in a day.With this, part-time workers of Rajasthan now come under the Minimum Wages Act, 1948.
3. “National Apprentice Promotion Scheme” approved – Union Cabinet has given a green signal to the National Apprentice Promotion Scheme to incentivise employers to engage apprentices, 25% of total stipend will be given by government directly to the employers payable to the apprentices.
4. 30% of the land in India is getting degraded: ISRO study – As per a recent report released by ISRO, 30% of India’s geographical land is under land degradation. The study was carried out using data from satellite images.
5. Tarantula species named in honour of “Garcia Marquez” – Nobel literature laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez has been honoured and a Tarantula species has been named after him.
6. FTII to be converted into Digital Media University – The governing council of Film & Television has given a nod to the conversion of FTII into Digital Media University with 22 new courses.
7. India signs MoU with Mauritius for rural development and poverty alleviation – Both countries have agreed to coordinate and facilitate appropriate technical cooperation, exchange of relevant information and documents in the sphere of rural development, & collaboration to strengthen their human resource capacity.